What makes content shareable?
The New York Times sponsored research that determined there are five important reasons people overcome their apathy and share content:
- To be useful.The number one reason people share content is to bring valuable and entertaining content to others.
- To define ourselves to others. About 70 percent of study participants said they share content to give other people a better sense of who they are and what they care about.
- To grow and nourish relationships. About 80 percent of study participants share information because it lets them stay connected to other people they may not otherwise stay in touch with.
- Self-fulfillment. About 70 percent of participants share content because it allows them to feel more involved in the world. People feel more valued.
- To get the word out about causes and brands. More than 80 percent of study participants said they share content to rally others around a cause, a company, or idea they believe in.
Do other people share your content?
Outside confirmation is not just about encouragement, it’s about acknowledging excellence.
What have you done that made people notice? What brings you affirmation, encouragement, and compliments from your readership?
Understand that value matters!
The key is determining the intersection between what you’re passionate about and what people are willing to share.
The decision to share content is often a sign of a relationship. A relationship with the source, with a network, with a person ….
And what is best: Sharing content can be a sign of trust!
Sharing content isn’t just about building “traffic”.
Emotion can be a huge driver of social sharing:
People share content when they feel joy, but also when they feel afraid or uncertain.
If most of the content creation on the social web is driven by emotion, ego, insight, and personal fulfillment – not discounts and coupons – what does that mean for your marketing strategy?
We are here to assist you in your efforts.
As content analyst we help you to create best results with your content. We help you become successful as brand and entrepreneur.
► Content strategy
► Content marketing
► Social media articles
► Magazine articles
► Blog posts